Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful

The month of November is always summed up with a single holiday, Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is much more than eating with friends and family, it is also about giving thanks. This year I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my new job affording me opportunities to work with an amazing staff and going back to my passion. My passion has always been working with students who learn differently than the majority of other learners. Working with special education students and staff allows one to be creative, requires for us to be collaborative, and necessitates us to use a “Community approach” to learning. When educating a student who learns uniquely, it truly takes a village to help them make progress and growth. Working with this village is the most rewarding part of my job. I am thankful for the dedicated special education staff I have the honor of working with on a daily basis. The amazing conversations we have and the professional development we engage in always centers around the students and how we are going to meet their needs. We work hard and consistently do our best for our students. I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment